Friday, October 2, 2009

A Craving For Deciduous Trees

Lately I've had a craving for deciduous trees. As the days pass and the bright, fiery colors of Autumn continue to hide from us who inhabit southern Nevada, my craving grows worse.

When I look out my window I am greeted by this unusual depiction of Fall....




The Fall scenery with which I am more accustomed to looks something like this...




Dear Autumn in Places with Deciduous Trees,

I miss listening to your leathery leaves dance in the breeze.
I miss your vibrant colors.
I miss the feel of your leaves crunching under my shoes.
I miss the smell of your cool, crisp air.
I miss watching your leaves glide gently to the ground.

Love,

Megan

2 comments:

  1. Well Utah misses you too. I grew up in Arizona though, so I still look outside in Utah and think I am looking at a painting. Hope you are loving Nevada - and your electric bill story was HILARIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent my Freshman year in college at Dixie (in St George), and I felt the same way. I came home one weekend and thought, "Wow! It feels like fall up here!"

    ReplyDelete